1. Start your campaign with the subject line. Ask What’s-in-it-for-me? on behalf of the viewer.
2. Repeat the subject line in the header of the email. Place at the top left hand side of the email. NB Remember, your headline should be a simple, one-thought message of engagement. No more.
3. Add a sticky-relevant picture. Note: The right picture increases understanding of your concept by up to 120%!
4. Write 1-3 short paragraphs of support wording, and place below the screen fold line.
5. Call to action with an enquiry link. Tell the viewer exactly what you want to happen next.
6. Stay legal, if you are going to bulk mail, e.g. “This e-mail is sent to you courtesy of the xxx company, http://www.xxxx.co.za. If you have received this in error, we apologise. Please unsubscribe.” (Note it should be a working unsubscribe link).
7. AND of course: mail to the right, segmented database. Good luck!