1) Create remarkable email content. Your content needs to be amazing if you want people to stay subscribed — and if you want them to forward it to their friends, family, and colleagues that aren’t already on your email list.
2) Create a new lead-gen offer — like a free ebook or whitepaper — and require visitors to provide their email address in order to download it. If you’re having trouble coming up with new offers, this blog post provides suggestions for ways to simply and quickly create lead-gen content.
3) Host an online webinar and collect email addresses at registration.
4) Create a free, online tool or resource and have users sign up with their email address. For example, HubSpot has created plenty of free tools to use for prospect and lead generation — most recently Marketing Grader.
5) Add a QR code to your print marketing collateral that people can scan to opt in to your email database.
Read more >>